March 10, 2015

It's My Birthday

Today is my 29th birthday and it's kind of surreal. Growing up, my mom made birthdays so special.  It's not that we necessarily did anything over-the-top extravagant (although she did fly up to Milwaukee when I lived there for school to surprise me the morning of my birthday, which was pretty amazing) but she just has a way of making the day extra special and because of that my birthday has always been a day I especially look forward to.  This year however, I wasn't really looking forward to today, I was actually kind of dreading it.  Overall I'm pretty happy with my life and feel really fortunate for all that I have and how much love surrounds me, but sometimes I feel like I should have more to show for 29 years of life, that's a long time!  I decided today I would share 29 things I am thankful for, because my life is a good one and I should acknowledge that more.





1.  Jesus & my salvation, without which I wouldn't have a list to be thankful for

2. My family, a severely close second

3. My boyfriend

4. Sushi & Mexican food

5. My health

6. God's unending love & patience with me, I never seem to run out of second chances

7. Deep hair conditioners

8.  Where I live, both America & South Carolina

9. DVR... and Bravo! for that matter

10. My job

11. Sunny 80 degree days

12.  My nephew

13. Learning to be better with my money

14. Books

15. Makeup, men, I feel for you on bad skin days

16. Cell phones, but more importantly text messaging

17. Pinterest, 90% of my dinners are thanks to you

18. Men and women who are far more brave than I am who willingly fight for our country

19.  Freedom

20. Matinee movie prices, because otherwise no thank you

21. Hair straighteners

22. Leggings

23. A house to live in

24. My education & the ability to go to school

25. Jimmy John's, Subway, Jersey Mike's, McAlister's, all sandwich places

26. Friends who love me

27. Being able to laugh at myself

28. To have had a really fun & exciting early 20s, but to be more grounded and settled now

29. My life & each new day. It's far from perfect, some days just plain suck and it's hard for me to find the good in them.  But then I have days like today where I see so clearly just how much I have to be grateful for and hope that I can think about the things in this list when I start to throw myself a pity party.



Here's to the last year in my 20s & hoping it's a great year and I'm the best version of myself yet!


I hope you all have a great Tuesday!




2 comments: