February 16, 2015

Window Shopping

If you've read any of my blog posts before, you'd know I love a bargain, and if you're new and haven't read any posts, I love a bargain. They're my drug of choice: bargains, sales, bogos, you name it, I love it! I can bring myself to splurge a little more when it comes to clothes and accessories, but with makeup, while I have a few higher priced items, if I can find a great product from Target or CVS, sign me up!

However, I do love browsing Sephora as much as the next girl, and can't help but to illogically want some all of the products. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and it doesn't help that I watch YouTube beauty videos like it's my job in which the girls rave about lip liners that cost $30, seriously? Today I thought it would be fun to share with you the products I find myself wanting, but probably never buying.



1. YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick. That packaging is hands down the only reason I want this, I don't even wear lipstick.

2. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume.  The best smelling perfume I've ever smelled in my entire life, and at close to $100 a bottle, it better be. Still, I don't care how good you smell (how many times can I say smell?), I'm never buying a $100 bottle of perfume that doesn't come with Ryan Gosling spritzing me with it.

3.  Burrberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base-  I've actually read really good reviews for this, but $48 for foundation when I maybe wear foundation once a week? Not happening. Plus I can just imagine how ridiculous I would feel if someone asked what I was wearing and I had to say "Burberry", how fancy must I be! That packaging too though!

4.  Deborah Lippman nail polish- I know some of you are going to protest this one, but $20...for nail polish? Still, I can't help walking by the testers at Sephora and thinking she just does glitter right.... which coincidentally enough is also something I don't wear. Ever.

5. Dior Hydra Life Pro Youth Silk Creme- This, to me, is actually the most reasonable of my lust list, because I've really gotten into skin care over the past year.  I've tried it before on my hand and it really does feel amazing, but skincare is tricky because it takes some time for you to see results, if you ever do. It's $56, but if I knew it would work, I'd buy it all day long. 

6. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow- $36 for eyeshadow? Next...

7. YSL Babydoll Mascara-  A friend of mine has this and I've tried it a few times and it really makes my lashes look so long and fluttery. It's pretty wonderful, but again at $30, even though I do wear mascara daily, I just haven't been able to bring myself to buy it yet.



Are you a sucker for pretty packaging like me? What are some of the luxury items you find yourself wanting once you walk into the beauty black hole that is Sephora?





No comments:

Post a Comment